At the April GMM (April 17, 2019) several bylaw amendments were voted on. All bylaw amendments passed and will now be sent to CUPE-National for approval. A brief description of the amendments and the results are below.
Delegates were chosen for the CUPE-Ontario Convention at the April GMM (April 17, 2019). The following individuals were acclaimed: Chelsea Bauer, Gizem Çakmak, Megan Hillman, Alia Karim, Michael Laurentius, Devin Lefebvre, and Joanna Pearce
At the April GMM (April 17, 2019) several committee vacancies were filled via by-election. The results are below.
International students in Units 1 or 3 should receive funds to cover their UHIP payments (UHIP Fund). This fund should cover both the member and any dependents. We’ve recently heard of cases where members did not receive funds or their dependents were not covered. If you have not received UHIP funds or your dependents’ UHIP payments were not covered please email Alison, Chief Steward Unit 1 at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are collecting information to ensure our members get the funds they are entitled to.
Two Chief Election Officers will be elected at the April GMM (April 17th). There are also several vacant positions on other committees that members may nominate themselves for. Please nominate yourself by contacting Stacey at email@example.com by Monday, April 15th. Nominations from the floor of the GMM will be entertained.
Labour of Love?: Precarious Work and the Future of Academic Workers is an interdisciplinary conference that offers academics and workers from all institutions an opportunity to explore what it means to do precarious work and how to address its challenges. The conference is being organized by the Precarity Working Group, a team of dedicated University of Toronto Unit 3 members.
When: Tuesday, April 16th, 2019, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Where: CUPE 3903 Office, 143 Atkinson
All members are welcome to attend Executive meetings but only Executive Officers can vote. Agenda will be posted if/when available.
- Roll call of officers (5 minutes)
- Reading of the Equality Statement (3 minutes)
- Reading of the Mississauga Land Acknowledgement (2 minutes)
- Notices (5 minutes)
- Bylaw Amendment: Article 10 (Committees)
- Bylaw Amendment: Article 14.V.a (Elections)
- Bylaw Amendment: Article 7.c (Dues and Assessments)
- Bylaw Amendment: Article 8.I (Chairperson
- Approval of Minutes (10 minutes)
- March 2019 AGM minutes
- Unfinished Business (10 minutes)
- Endorsement Request: We Are The Students – YU Campaign
- Update from the Better York Referendum
- Matters arising (15 minutes)
- Bylaw Amendment: Article 10 (Committees – Accessibility Committee)
- Bylaw Amendment: Trans Fund Committee
- Bylaw Amendment: Article 10(e) – Committees
- Bylaw Amendment: Article 9.I – Officers
- Bylaw Amendment: Appendix G – Donations Policy (Application of the Donations Policy to Main Operating Lines)
- Treasurer’s Report
- Notice of Proposed Budget Amendments
- New Business
- Endorsement Request: The United May Day Committee Rally (May 4)
- Nominations, Elections, Installations (15 minutes)
- Outstanding committee elections
- Delegate elections
- CUPE Ontario Convention
- Election of Trial Committee
- Executive Report-backs (15 minutes)
- Reports of Committees and Delegates
- National Bargaining Convention
Members interested in representing the local at this year’s CUPE-Ontario Convention (May 29 – June 1) can self nominate either at the next GMM (April 17th) or via email to Stacey Berquist, VP Unit 1 (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 12th. If you have already emailed Stacey to express interest you do not have to do so again.
Lee Wiggins Childcare Centre offers a 35% subsidy for all CUPE 3903 members whose children use the Centre. This subsidy was established and has been augmented as a result of the Union’s negotiations with the employer across numerous rounds of bargaining. There are still full- and part-time spaces available for the spring and summer 2019 terms, and the Centre is now also accepting enrolments for the fall-winter 2019-20 academic terms.