CUPE 3903 has a number of equity-related initiatives. A number of them are rights and benefits found in the Collective Agreements, but here are some that are not fully spelled out there:
1) The Employment Equity Plan (EEP)
The first one was implemented in 2012. You can find is here: Employment Equity Plan
The research work contracted by the joint Employment Equity committee that led to this plan is found here: Breaking Barriers, Opening Doors to Workplace Equality
2) Name, Gender and/or Title Changes
If you wish to change your name, there are two forms. That is, one for student status and one for Employee status.The former requires filling out this form, and the latter this other form. Both forms should be submitted together to the Centre for Human Rights, TEL 2054.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the process.
3) For Graduate Students with Disabilities, check out this Fact Sheet. Updated August 2015.
4) For members with child an/or elder care responsibilities, there is a process for Family Status Accommodation. See the Guidelines for information.
5) For members who are breastfeeding or pregnant, there are also Guidelines on Breastfeeding; Pregnancy Accommodation: Guidelines.
If you have any questions about these or other equity issues, Sheila Wilmot, Equity Officer, can be reached at x66380 or x3, or by e-mail. Check out the Equity Officer’s blog. Her office hours are generally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.- 4.p.m.