CUPE 3903 has a number of equity-related initiatives. A number of them are rights and benefits found in the Collective Agreements, a summary of some are found here:
1) Name, Gender and/or Title Changes
The university does not display your gender/titles except where required by law. To officially change your gender, contact the Centre for Human Rights.
For information on how to change how your name appears on eClass, see How Do I Change My Name in eClass.
If you would like additional assistance or run into problems at any step in the process, feel free to contact a union rep for assistance.
2) Information on Ontario Human Rights Code-based Extensions for Graduate Students can be found here.
3) For Graduate Students with Disabilities, check out this Fact Sheet. We’ve also put together a brief description of the Workplace & Academic Disability-Based Accommodations procedure.
4) For members with child an/or elder care responsibilities, there is a process for Family Status Accommodation. See the Guidelines for information.
5) For members who are breastfeeding or pregnant, there are also Guidelines on Lactation; Pregnancy Accommodation: Guidelines. Due to our collective action in 2018 we secured expanded lactation spaces on campus. You can find a description of the spaces on the Centre for Human Rights website.
6) Leaves. There are also several paid leaves members may take including parental and caregiver leaves, transgender transition leave, and compassionate and emergency leaves.
7) The Employment Equity Plan (EEP)
The first one was implemented in 2012. You can find it here: Employment Equity Plan
The research work contracted by the joint Employment Equity committee that led to this plan is found here: Breaking Barriers, Opening Doors to Workplace Equality
Details on the Employment Equity Plan can now be found in each Collective Agreement.