Please join us for a Unit II townhall
Date: November 3, 2016
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Harry Crowe Room, 109 Atkinson building
On May 14, 2015, LAPS Council approved the creation of an Ad Hoc Committee on Governance within the Faculty of LA&PS. The objective of this Ad Hoc Committee is to recommend to Council how best to strengthen democratic, inclusive, accountable and collegial governance within the Faculty. Members of the Ad Hoc committee include:
- Ricardo Grinspun, Department of Economics
- Terry Maley, Department of Political Science (Chair)
- Merouan Mekouar, Department of Social Science
- Anne O’Connell, School of Social Work
- Victor Shea, Department of Humanities
- Penni Stewart, Department of Sociology
- Lykke de la Cour, Department of Social Science (Contract Faculty Representative)
- Robyn Verley, Communication & Culture (Graduate Student Representative)
- Brandon Hart, Political Science (Undergraduate Student Representative)
The Ad Hoc Committee believes that an important aspect of its mandate is to develop recommendations with respect to Contract Faculty at York University and their participation in departmental, faculty, and university decision-making bodies. This report builds on the “Report to the Governance Committee of the Faculty of Arts: Contract Faculty Role,” that was prepared by Dr. Lélia Young, French Studies, back in 1998. You can read this report here.
To develop recommendations for the 2017 report, we need your input!
There are two ways you can have input:
- Attend the CUPE 3903 Unit 2 Townhall on Thursday Nov. 3rd where members of the Ad Hoc Governance Committee will be in attendance to discuss with Contract Faculty concerns regarding their inclusion in governance structures at York University and hear recommendations.
- If you cannot make this meeting, please send comments directly to the committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please come out and be sure to contribute to this important issue!
Other items on the agenda include updates on:
- Preparing for 2017 Bargaining
Reminder: the deadline for members of the CSSP Pool to submit an Application is Tuesday, November 1, 2016.