Job title: Videographer Location: CUPE 3903, York University, Toronto CUPE 3903 is a local of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), representing Teaching Assistants, Contract Faculty, Graduate Assistants, and Part-time Librarians and Archivists. We require the assistance of a professional videographer who can produce a high-quality campaign videos for distribution on our YouTube Channel. Education, experience, equipment and qualifications include:
- BFA in film studies including production or equivalent experience
- Background and experience digital HD video production and editing
- Access to a high definition (HD) video camera, professional sound recording equipment, lighting kit, and non-linear editing suite
Preference will be given to applicants who are members of CUPE 3903, or, should none be found, members of a union. Responsibilities include:
- Initial consultation meeting with the CUPE 3903 Communications Committee
- Preparation of a production plan and budget that covers recording, set up (one camera, lights, sound), post-production (editing, licensed music, sound mixing, titles, credits, CUPE 3903 logo), and finalization (including uploading of closed-captioning file prepared by a volunteer) for a series of three videos of varying lengths, none of which will be longer than 5 minutes.
- This is a non-unionized position in a unionized workplace in which staff are members of CUPE 1281. The successful applicant will work in conjunction with the CUPE 3903 communications committee.
Remuneration will be the same rate of pay as unionized staff: $50.25 per hour. The length of the contract cannot exceed 150 hours. There shall be no contracting out or sub-contracting for any of the work described in the job posting. Applicants must prepare a draft budget that itemizes production time and costs (including equipment rentals), separate from the rate of pay.
Please submit your letter of interest, C.V., draft budget and links to samples of previous work by November 16, 2016 via email:
Subject: Application for Videographer
Interested applicants may direct any queries to CUPE3903comms@gmail.com.
CUPE 3903 is strongly committed to employment equity within our workplace, work environment, and broader community. We particularly encourage applications from persons with one or more disabilities, LGBTTQ persons, persons from racialized groups, Indigenous persons and women.