We are hosting a General Membership Meeting via Zoom on April 18th from 10am to 1pm! All members are encouraged to attend.
At the meeting, the executive will provide a break down of what it means now that we’re in a bargaining year, with bargaining officially beginning in August. There will also be a discussion of issues that might become bargaining priorities, followed by a timeline to a possible strike.
In order to register, you will need to provide your employee number, which will be kept confidential. Your employee number is on your monthly pay stub. If you don’t know your employee number, please click here for instructions.
- Roll call of officers (2 minutes)
- Reading of the Equality Statement (3 minutes) (Page 3)
- Reading of the Mississauga Land Acknowledgement (2 minutes) (Page 4)
- Approval of agenda (3 minutes)
- Notices (5 minutes) (Page 5)
- MMiWG Donation $1500
- Every Child Matters Donation $1500
- Approval of Minutes (5 minutes)
- Nominations, Elections, Installations (10 minutes) (Page 5)
- Vacancies on committees
- Delegates for conferences and conventions
- CLC Delegates
- Finances (30 minutes)
- Treasurer’s Report [See separate document]
- Matters arising (50 minutes) (Page 6)
- Donation Requests
- OPIRG Donation, $1,000
- S4S (Students for Students), $3,600
- CUPE 4600 $10,000
- Bylaw amendments
- Amendment to Appendix F: Committee Member Removal Process
- Change title of ‘Chief Steward’ to ‘Lead Steward’
- Establishment of Climate Action Working Group
- Motion to destroy ballots from 2023 Executive Committee Elections
- Donation Requests
- Executive Report-backs (10 minutes)
- Reports of Committees and Delegates (10 minutes)
If you have items to add to the agenda please contact the Recording Secretary,Vanessa Lehan, at email@example.com.
If you require any of the following: ASL interpretation, reimbursement for childcare/caregiver/attendant care, or other requests for accommodation, please contact our Equity Officer Nadia Kanani at firstname.lastname@example.org.