We are hosting a General Membership Meeting via Zoom on January 29th from 3pm to 6pm! All members are encouraged to attend.
We have seven donations on the agenda to support publications that cover issues related to workers’ rights and activist movements, including The Hoser, Midnight Sun, and THE GRIND. Independent Jewish Voices, the Iranian Graduate Students’ Association, and the Palestinian Youth Movement are also seeking donations to do important work.
We’ll be electing our Elections Officers – an important position that oversees the elections of our Bargaining Team (which is happening this February) and the Executive Committee (happening this March). Without our Elections Officers, these posts cannot be filled.
We’ll also be discussing upcoming conferences members may want to attend, including CUPE’s women’s conference, and we’ll be voting on bylaw amendments related to the removal of departmental stewards and committee members.
In order to register, you will need to provide your employee number, which will be kept confidential. Your employee number is on your monthly pay stub. If you don’t know your employee number, please click here for instructions.
Keep reading for the tentative agenda, accessibility information and more.
If you have items to add to the agenda please contact the Recording Secretary, Kaitlin Peters, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Items must be received by November 20th at 5pm.
If you require any of the following: ASL interpretation, reimbursement for childcare/caregiver/attendant care, or other requests for accommodation, please contact our Equity Officer Nadia Kanani at email@example.com.
- Roll call of officers
- Reading of the Equality Statement
- Reading of the Mississauga Land Acknowledgement
- Approval of agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- December 16, 2022 minutes
- Nominations, Elections, Installations
- Elections Officers
- Unfinished Business
- Seeking OUWCC Conference delegates
- Treasurer’s Report
- Proposed Budget Amendments
- Matters arising
- Independent Jewish Voices, $250
- Iranian Graduate Students’ Association, $2,500
- The Hoser, $2,500
- Labour May Day, $1,000
- Midnight Sun, $2,000
- THE GRIND, $2,000
- Palestinian Youth Movement, $1,500
- Bylaw Amendments
- Addition to Article 12.1: Process of Removal of Departmental Stewards
- Addition to Article 10: Process of Removal of Committee Members
- Treasurer’s Report
- New Business
- CUPE Ontario Women’s Conference, March 12-15
- Executive Report-backs
- Executive Committee January reports
- Reports of Committees and Delegates