We are hosting a General Membership Meeting via Zoom on April 28th, from 2-5pm. At this meeting, the Bargaining Team will be presenting updates and we will discuss the timeline of bargaining going forward. All members are encouraged to attend.
In order to register, you will need to provide your employee number, which will be kept confidential. Your employee number is on your monthly pay stub. If you don’t know your employee number, please click here for instructions.
After registering, members will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. If you are having any difficulties with registration, please get in touch with Vanessa Lehan-Streisel, VP Unit 2.
If you have items to add to the agenda or need help crafting a motion, please contact the Recording Secretary, Jacob McLean, at email@example.com. Items must be received by 5:00pm on Sunday, April 25th.
If you require any of the following: ASL interpretation, reimbursement for childcare/caregiver/attendant care, or other requests for accommodation, please contact our Equity Officer Nadia Kanani at firstname.lastname@example.org. Captioning will be available.
- Roll call of officers (2 minutes)
- Reading of the Equality Statement (3 minutes)
- Reading of the Mississauga Land Acknowledgement (2 minutes)
- Approval of agenda (3 minutes)
- Notices (5 minutes)
- Donation Request: Alvin Brown’s GoFundMe ($500)
- Approval of Minutes (15 minutes)
- March 16th, 2021 AGM
- March 26th, 2021 Bargaining SGMM
- April 16th, 2021 Bargaining SGMM
- Nominations, Elections, Installations (5 minutes)
- Constitutional Convention of the Canadian Labour Congress (6 vacancies)
- Elections officers (2 vacancies)
- Committee Elections
- List of committees available for election
- Candidate statements
- Finances (20 minutes)
- Treasurer’s Report [Report will be shared on-screen]
- Matters arising (20 minutes)
- Bylaw Amendment (Article 10 – Committees)
- Bylaw Amendment (Appendix J – Casual Hiring Process for Councils, Committees, Working Groups, and Caucuses)
- Bylaw Amendment (Article 20 – Strike)
- New Business (30 minutes)
- Endorsement Request: YU Fossil Free
- Prof. Avolonto’s campaign
- Bargaining (60 minutes)
- Timeline discussion
- Executive Report-backs (5 minutes)
- Executive Committee April 2021 reports
- Reports of Committees and Delegates (10 minutes)