General Membership Meeting
Tuesday, September 23
4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
106 Life Sciences Building
1) Roll call of the officers and the Bargaining Team (5 minutes)
2) Reading of the Equality Statement
3) Reading of the Mississauga Land Acknowledgement
4) Reading and approval of minutes of previous meeting(s) (10 minutes)
– August 18 GMM
5) Matters arising (120 minutes)
– Discussion of and voting on bargaining proposals (by theme) (60 minutes): Pedagogy; Equity and transparency; Wages and benefits
– Options for bargaining our proposals (20 minutes): Whole package, some proposals, other options?
– Bargaining mobilization update (20 minutes): Bargaining timeline; Mobilization update
– Bargaining Team report-back (10 minutes)
Please see Bylaws Article 17 (4) (b): “The Bargaining Team, with the support of the Executive, shall have ongoing and wide consultation processes with the membership to support its work. To that end, the Bargaining Team shall give report-backs to the membership at all General Membership meetings.”
– Notice of donation requests (10 minutes)
6) Treasurer’s report and approving expenditures (10 minutes)
7) Correspondence (5 minutes)
8) Executive Committee report(s) (15 minutes)
– Anti-racism committee report
9) Reports of committees and delegates (20 minutes)
– Election bylaw committee report
10) Nominations, Elections, or Oath of Office (20 minutes)
– Committee elections: one position on the Communications Committee; three positions (one co-coordinator and two representatives) on the Professional Development Fund Committee; three positions on the Ways and Means Committee
11) Unfinished business (30 minutes)
12) New business
13) Good of the union
* Please note that this is only a tentative agenda. It may be slightly amended/updated by the Executive Committee in the days before the GMM.
Please contact Sheila Wilmot at email@example.com or at 416.736.5154 ext. 3 if you require any of the following: ASL interpretation, reimbursement for childcare/caregiver/attendant care, and/or transportation costs for members who are unable to secure Wheel-Trans, or other requests for accommodation.