Nominations are now open for the new annual terms of the committee positions listed below. Interested members should email Ali Gholami, VP Unit 1, email@example.com to nominate themselves or for more information. The deadline for nominations is 5 pm, Monday 13th March.
Any committees with more nominees than positions open will be voted on at the AGM on March 24th. Otherwise, nominees will be acclaimed to their position.
Nominees will be notified if their candidacy will be voted on at the AGM and are then welcome to send a short written candidate statement (max 150 words) for inclusion in the AGM package by no later than 5 pm, Monday, 20th March. There will also be time at the AGM (Friday, 24th March at 3 pm ) for nominees to briefly speak about their candidacies if they want to.
For further details on the work of each committee and the honorarium payment attached to their work, please see here.
- Accessibility Committee (4 vacancies)
- Advisory Committee on Race/Ethnic Relations, Discrimination and/or Harassment (2 vacancies)
- All-University Pensions Committee (1 vacancy)
- Archive Committee (2 vacancies)
- Bargaining Research and Preparation Committee (3 vacancies)
- Bilingualism Committee (2 vacancies)
- Bursaries Committee (2 vacancies)
- Communications Committee (4 vacancies
- CSEU Committee (2 vacancies)
- CUPE Toronto District Council (6 vacancies)
- Distribution Committee (6 vacancies)
- Employment Equity Committee (3 vacancies)
- Extended Health Benefits Committee (4 vacancies)
- Forum moderators (2 vacancies)
- Joint Health & Safety Committee (14 vacancies)
- International Graduate Students’ Committee (2 vacancies)
- Labour-Management Committee (3 vacancies; one each unit 1, unit 2, unit 3)
- Labour Management Committee, Unit 4 (3 vacancies)
- Postings Officers (2 general vacancies)
- Nursing Specific Posting Officer (2 Vacancies)
- Unit 1 Research Costs Funds Committee (unit 1 only, 2 vacancies)
- Research Leave Adjudicating Committee (Unit 2 only, 1 vacancy)
- Senate Representative (1 representative, 1 alternate)
- Teaching Development Fund Committee (Unit 2 only, 2 vacancies)
- Toronto & York Region Labour Council (6 vacancies)
- Union Trustees’ Committee (1 vacancy, 3 year term)
- Affordable Housing Committee (2 Vacancies)