The CUPE 3903 2023 Executive Committee election nominations period will be open from February 24th at 12pm to March 9th at 12pm.
All members, especially Black, First Nations and racialized members, and members from other equity seeking groups, are strongly encouraged to run for the next executive committee in fulfillment of our equity mandate. For a list of executive positions, please see CUPE 3903 Executive Committee.
(NB: Trans Feminist Action Caucus (TFAC) co-chairs are elected by members of TFAC through an independent election run by TFAC election officers.)
The election timeline will be as follows:
- Nominations Period: February 24 – 12pm to March 9 – 12pm
- Campaigning Period: March 10 – 12pm to March 23 – 12pm
- Voting Period (via SimplyVoting): March 24 – 5pm to March 29 – 5pm
The online NOMINATION FORM is available here: Executive Committee Nomination Form. The form will close at the end of the nomination period (March 9, 2023 at 12 pm).
To nominate yourself:
- Nominees must fill out and submit the electronic nomination form linked above.
The traditional register and nomination form have been combined into a single electronic election nomination form, thus it is the only thing a nominee will need to fill out.
- A nominee will need to know the names and email addresses of two supporters, who need to be members in good standing. If the nomination is for a Chief Steward or Vice President position, the supporters must be members of the relevant bargaining unit (e.g., for a Unit 1 position, the supporters must be members of Unit 1).
- Upon submission of the nomination form, the supporters will be automatically contacted by email to endorse the nomination via a pre-populated supporter form. Both supporter forms must be submitted before the deadline in order for the nomination to be considered complete. The form will be disabled at the close of the nomination period. Please note that some people have had the supporter form go to their Junk folder, so if you have agreed to support a candidate, please also check your Junk folder for the form.
- The nomination period will open at 12pm on Feb 24th and will close two weeks later on March 9th at 12pm. The nomination form and supporter forms will automatically be disabled at the close of the nomination period.
- Information concerning the campaigning period and electronic voting will be forthcoming.
- Should members have any accessibility concerns, they should contact the Electoral Officers at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Equity Officer at email@example.com