The elections officers have recommended that nominations be re-opened for all bargaining team positions, including those that had previously been acclaimed for Units 1 and 2, which have been revoked.
As a result, there are currently nine open positions on the bargaining team. Three for Unit 1, three for Unit 2, and three for Unit 3.
This decision was made to ensure that all interested candidates have an opportunity to participate in the bargaining team elections after concerns were raised by executive and rank-and-file members that the published nomination instructions lacked clarity.
The reopened nomination process will correspond to the timeline already set out for Unit 2 and Unit 3: February 24th-March 9th at 12pm. The nomination period will be followed by two weeks of campaigning (March 10 at 12 pm – March 23 at 12 pm). Voting (through Simply Voting) will begin at the March 24th General Membership Meeting (5 pm) and will continue for five days until March 29th at 5 pm.
The new announcement for candidates interested in running for the bargaining team includes step-by-step instructions on the nomination process.
Note: Candidates who already had their nominations approved by the Elections Officers will not need to resubmit their nomination forms.
The online NOMINATION FORM is available HERE; the form will close at the end of the nomination period (March 9, 2023 at 12 pm).
To nominate yourself:
- Nominees must fill out and submit the electronic nomination form linked above.
- The traditional register and nomination form have been combined into a single electronic election nomination form, thus it is the only thing a nominee will need to fill out.
- A nominee will need to know the names and email address of two supporters, who need to be members of the relevant bargaining unit in good standing (e.g., a member seeking to represent Unit 1 will need supporters from Unit 1).
- Upon submission of the nomination form, the supporters will be automatically contacted to endorse the nomination via a pre-populated supporter form. Both supporter forms must be submitted before the deadline in order for the nomination to be considered complete. The form will be disabled at the close of the nomination period. Please note that some people have had the supporter form go to their Junk folder, so if you have agreed to support a candidate, please also check your Junk folder for the form.
- The nomination period will open at 12pm on Feb 24th and will close two weeks later on March 9th at 12pm. The nomination form and supporter forms will automatically disable at the close of the nomination period.
- Information concerning the campaigning period and electronic voting will be forthcoming.
- Should members have any accessibility concerns they should contact the Electoral Officers at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Equity Officer at email@example.com