The York University administration has provided the Ministry of Labour with a list of CUPE 3903 members and their email addresses in order to hold an online vote on the forced ratification. However, there are many problems with this list, including people who are not and have never been members being included.
Of particular importance for members of Unit 1 and Unit 3 is the fact that York has, in the vast majority of cases, provided the Ministry with employee emails. This is not the same @yorku.ca email address that is connected with your student account. These email addresses are automatically generated when members set up their employee accounts to access Moodle or class lists. Even if you have never set up this account, York may have given the Ministry your employee email address.
On Wednesday April 4, York finally released a resource to discover what email address was given to the Ministry of Labour: http://elookup.yorku.ca/.
Here are instructions to access your employee email if you have not set it up:
- Go to http://hr.info.yorku.ca/
- Click on “Current Employees”
- If you know your employee ID and password, you can log in here. If you don’t remember your password, click on “Faculty and Staff” under “Forgot your password or username?” and follow the steps to recover it.
- Once you have been able to log in, click on your name at the top right of the screen and scroll down to “My Account”
- On the left side of your screen, you should see the email address listed.
Once you have your email address, you have to change your password before the account can be accessed. Here is how you can do that:
- Go to mymail.yorku.ca
- Type in your employee email (but do not log in — if you try to log in it will tell you your username and password is incorrect)
- Click on “Manage my services.”
- Click on “Electronic mail”
- Click on “Change password” and follow the steps.
- Wait at least one hour and up to 24 hours before trying out your new email and password.
- Log in to your employee email at mymail.yorku.ca
If you can log into your account but are still not receiving any emails, it might be because Outlook was inadvertently initialized. Try logging in with your employee email login and password to https://outlook.office.com.