Special General Membership Meeting on strike next steps
Thursday, March 26
5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (doors open at 4:30 p.m.)
1 Shoreham Drive | Map
A FREE fully accessible shuttle bus will run from the Main Gate (York Boulevard and Keele Street), starting at 4:30 p.m. today and every 20 minutes until 8:30 p.m. (or until 30 minutes after the end of the meeting, if it runs later than 8:00 p.m.). The shuttle will drop off members at the west entrance to the Rexall Centre, in the rear parking lot. The shuttle will depart from the same location and return members to the Main Gate, starting at 4:50 p.m. and every 20 minutes until the meeting ends. After 7:00 p.m., the shuttle will drop off members in front of Vari Hall, instead of at the Main Gate.
The Rexall Centre is owned by Tennis Canada and is not legally part of the York University campus; therefore, members will not be crossing picket lines in order to access the venue.
In terms of accessibility, the Rexall Centre is wheelchair accessible, immediately adjacent to the York University campus, and served by the same TTC bus service (106 York University) with the same frequency as the Montecassino Hotel.
1) Roll call of the officers and the Bargaining Team (5 minutes)
2) Reading of the Equality Statement
3) Reading of the Mississauga Land Acknowledgment
4) Bargaining Team report-back (90 minutes)
Please see Bylaws Article 17 (4) (b): “The Bargaining Team, with the support of the Executive, shall have ongoing and wide consultation processes with the membership to support its work. To that end, the Bargaining Team shall give report-backs to the membership at all General Membership meetings.”
- Report from the Bargaining Team (15 minutes)
- Discussion (75 minutes)
5) Committee reports (60 minutes)
- Executive Committee
- Strike Committee
- Strike Communications Committee
- Picket captains / lines (Founders, Chimneystack, Main Gate, Pond, Sentinel, Shoreham, Glendon, 8th line)
- Hardship Fund
6) Good of the union
* Please note that this is only a tentative agenda. It may be slightly amended/updated by the Executive Committee in the days before the GMM.
Please contact Sheila Wilmot at CUPE3903.firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-736-5154 ext. 3 if you require any of the following: ASL interpretation, reimbursement for childcare/caregiver/attendant care, and/or transportation costs for members who are unable to secure Wheel-Trans, or other requests for accommodation.