Special General Membership Meeting on strike next steps
Wednesday, March 18
4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Montecassino Hotel & Event Venue
3710 Chesswood Drive | Map
1) Take the TTC to Downsview station.
2) Walk west along Sheppard Avenue West to Chesswood Drive (about five minutes).
Or, take bus 106 towards York University and get off at Chesswood Drive on Sheppard Avenue West (about two minutes).
1) Roll call of the officers and the Bargaining Team (5 minutes)
2) Reading of the Equality Statement
3) Reading of the Mississauga Land Acknowledgment
4) Bargaining Team report-back (60 minutes)
Please see Bylaws Article 17 (4) (b): “The Bargaining Team, with the support of the Executive, shall have ongoing and wide consultation processes with the membership to support its work. To that end, the Bargaining Team shall give report-backs to the membership at all General Membership meetings.”
- Report from the Bargaining Team (15 minutes)
- Discussion (45 minutes)
5) Committee reports (60 minutes)
- Strike Committee
- Strike Communications Committee
- Picket captains / lines (Founders, Chimneystack, Main Gate, Pond, Sentinel, Shoreham, Glendon, 8th line)
- Executive Committee
- Hardship Fund
6) Strike next steps (60 minutes)
- Introduction (10 minutes)
- Discussion (50 minutes)
7) Good of the union
* Please note that this is only a tentative agenda. It may be slightly amended/updated by the Executive Committee in the days before the GMM.
Please contact Sheila Wilmot at CUPE3903.email@example.com or at 416-736-5154 ext. 3 if you require any of the following: ASL interpretation, reimbursement for childcare/caregiver/attendant care, and/or transportation costs for members who are unable to secure Wheel-Trans, or other requests for accommodation.