Friday, January 23
2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
N940 Ross Building
1) Roll call of the officers and the Bargaining Team (5 minutes)
2) Reading of the Equality Statement
3) Reading of the Mississauga Land Acknowledgment
4) Bargaining Team report-back (65 minutes)
Please see Bylaws Article 17 (4) (b): “The Bargaining Team, with the support of the Executive, shall have ongoing and wide consultation processes with the membership to support its work. To that end, the Bargaining Team shall give report-backs to the membership at all General Membership meetings.”
- Overview of bargaining so far (5 minutes)
- Report-back from Unit 1 Bargaining Team members (10 minutes)
- Report-back from Unit 3 Bargaining Team members (10 minutes)
- Questions and discussion for Units 1 and 3 members (15 minutes)
- Report-back from Unit 2 Bargaining Team members (10 minutes)
- Questions and discussion for Unit 2 members (15 minutes)
5) Executive Committee report-back (10 minutes)
Please see Bylaws Article 21: “Where the Executive believes strike action to be necessary, the following provisions shall apply: (a) at least two general membership meetings (GMM) shall be called and notice shall be sent to every member in good standing advising her of the dates, times and places of the meetings, along with a summary and explanation for the recommendation to strike…”
6) Election of three scrutineers (10 minutes)
Please see Bylaws Article 21 (e): “three scrutineers shall be elected at the first of the General Membership meetings for the purpose of counting the ballots…”
7) Good of the union
According to the bylaws, before a strike vote may be completed, the union must hold two SGMMs that deal only with strike issues, and must commence balloting for two hours at the end of the first SGMM. This is the first of the two SGMMs.
A polling station will be set up at the meeting, where members may cast ballots for up to two hours after the meeting ends, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
* Please note that this is only a tentative agenda. It may be slightly amended/updated by the Executive Committee in the days before the GMM.
Please contact Sheila Wilmot at CUPE3903.email@example.com or at 416-736-5154 ext. 3 if you require any of the following: ASL interpretation, reimbursement for childcare/caregiver/attendant care, and/or transportation costs for members who are unable to secure Wheel-Trans, or other requests for accommodation.